ss_blog_claim=d8a5111701cf57875c439c4ad0134984 ROSELLE'S BLOG: Alzheimer's Foundation eStore

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Alzheimer's Foundation eStore

What is Alzheimer‘s? This is the question that keeps popping out my head when I was younger. I don’t know the answer and nobody in my family could explain to me the how and the whys of Alzheimer’s.

This question was answered when my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease back in 1999. We have learned that Alzheimer’s is a fatal brain disease. It destroys the brain cells that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior of a person that affects their work, hobbies and social life. As of the moment, I believe that there is no cure for Alzheimer’s. Although there is no current cure for the said disease, there’s a growing worldwide effort going on to find better ways to treat or prevent it from developing. Among those is the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America. They are here to provide optimal care to those suffering from the dreadful disease and so as their families and caregivers.

It is very important for those affected by Alzheimer’s to be taken care of the best we can, but it is also very important for the family members most specially the caregivers to have all the support they can get as it is not easy to be in their situation. I know this because before I left for the United States to be with my husband, I was the one taking care of my grandmother (God bless her soul). I had a very tough time then as I do everything for her. From feeding her, changing her soiled diapers to giving her a bath (she‘s got very weak). I talk to her everyday even though she doesn’t’ recognize me anymore at all. She doesn’t even know her own daughter even she’s just in front of her.

I’m hoping that the cure for this fatal disease will be discovered soon as it will help a lot of people. While we are waiting for that to happen, the best thing we can do right now is to support the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America. How? We can do that by visiting their eStore, buy a holiday gift (just in time for Christmas) or give a donation. It doesn’t matter how big or small, the important thing is we did something to show our love and support.






No comments: