ss_blog_claim=d8a5111701cf57875c439c4ad0134984 ROSELLE'S BLOG: Wikinvest.com

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wikinvest.com

I have been very interested in investing in stock exchange and the likes but I don’t know how it works at all. I have zero knowledge when it comes to that aspect, but very eager to learn. Internet is a very big help because when I don’t know something and want to gain information, all I have to do is turn to Wikepedia. It is an online free-content encyclopedia created to bring knowledge to everyone who seeks it.

Anyhow, through Wikepedia, I found out about Wikinvest, a new investing research portal. That’s where I did my research on how investing works. Since gas prices is sky rocketing, I thought it would be profitable if you’d invest in one of those gas companies, like for example, Exxon Mobil (XOM), I didn’t know the Exxon Mobil is the largest company in the world by market capitalization. I never knew that. I always thought that they are always second to BP. Imagine, their company is valued at over $500 billion at its peak this year. Wow! If they are leading a pack of six global “supermajor” petroleum companies which explore, produce, refine and market oil and gas, they must be a really big and stable company. That information makes me wanna invest with them. Its very interesting as I understood it more by looking at their production, earnings, statistics through graphs.

Now I know that searching through wikinvest.com is always worth my time as you’d learn a lot lot more than you expect.


No comments: