ss_blog_claim=d8a5111701cf57875c439c4ad0134984 ROSELLE'S BLOG: Great Weekend!!!

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Great Weekend!!!

I really really had a great weekend. My friend Cheryl and her daugther Ash, spent the night here last Friday. As expected, my son Lionel got so excited and was so hyper that the two kids both went to bed very late... They don't even wanna go to sleep. I have to force Lionel to lay on his bed... After crying for some minutes for wanting to play more, he finally gave in. At this time, Cheryl was on my laptop doing some stuff online... then Ashley fell asleep on her lap...

The next day, Saturday, we woke up late. We had brunch, then decided to get ready and meet our friends in the north side of Chicago. While we were waiting for our friends, we took the kids to the park. Oh Lord! They went crazy!!! Lionel liked the swing very much, while Ashley liked the slides more. It's pretty tiring for me too as I have to watch Ashley & Lionel's every move... coz you know kids,they are very fast and I don't want them to get hurt in anyway, so I have to keep up.

When Tito Mike arrived (he's supposed to be with his wife Donna, but unfortunately, she didn't make it coz she got so very tired doing some stuff earlier that day...by the way, she's 15 weeks pregnant) we went to an asian store in Niles, Illinois. It's called H-Mart. It was a huge store!!! Mostly Korean products...but they have some filipino stuff too. If you get hungry while shopping, you can also eat there...Actually, we had our early dinner in one of their eateries. I ate a korean version of our "nilagang baka". If I remembered it correctly, they call it "galbitang" It was very very good and pretty inexpensive. After that, we continued our shopping. I bought "tilapia","bangus", and some other asian stuff. After eating and grocery shopping, we went to Tito Mike's house to see Donna. We stayed there for a couple of hours watching TFC and chatting with them. When we are about to go home, I said, "Tulog ulit kayo sa bahay para masaya!" (jokingly said, but really wanted them to spend another night) Cheryl said, ok... Then they spent their Saturday night here.

Sunday morning...just like yesterday, we woke up late. Lazily ate brunch, then we talked about going out again. We decided to go shopping. We went to A.J. Wright to find some good deals :) and ofcourse, we did! But I feel like we spent too much. I spent almost $100 for some shirts and shorts for Lionel and a couple of blouses for me. I'm broke!!! hahaha! But nonetheless, I'm happy. After shopping we took the kids to McDonald's for some double cheeseburgers. Chat a bit and then went back to my house per Ashley's request.

At home, the two very energetic kids played in the backyard. Ashley enjoyed chatting to my neighbor's kids while Lionel is on his car. Cheryl and I, watched a tagalog movie... "Mano Po 5"... Some part of it was funny and some made me cry... as in I cried... don't blame me I was born a cry baby :) After the movie, they finally decided to go home (when they left, Lionel cried so hard, my poor baby). We're back to normal... the house is so quiet again, as it's just me and my son. Hubby is still away and won't be back after two more weeks. Sigh...sigh...sigh...

Well, that's my weekend...hope you had a great weekend too!!! Thank you for reading. see yah next blog!

4 comments:

Tess said...

wow, that was quite a weekend u had! Its great to know u had a blast! Just finished our movie for the night and i guess im ready for bed, wala na siguro munang winster ngaun. Talk later.

Anonymous said...

Selle, I missed the nilagang baka. By the way, are you and mama Tess friends since Pinas? I was just wondering. We met her and Fafa Larry in Canada last year. It was so short but really fun.

Dauphine said...

seems you had a great weekend Selle. kumusta? just passing by!

Knitting and Crochet said...

crochet accessories how to knit crochet today crochet doilies crochet baby blanket crochet stitch patterns crochet granny squares crochet blog crochet shawls crochet patterns hats crochet flower pattern easy crochet patterns crochet shrug patterns crochet magazine broomstick crochet how to crochet a scarf crochet headband free crochet baby patterns crochet rug patterns crochet yarns crochet lace patterns crochet dress pattern crochet cotton crochet fashion