ss_blog_claim=d8a5111701cf57875c439c4ad0134984 ROSELLE'S BLOG: What a day!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

What a day!


What did I do today? Hmmm.. let me start off by saying I woke up around 12:30 in the afternoon (thank you very much to my loving husband for waking me up grrrr!). :) Why did he call?? Can't remember.. Oh! He just asked me if I needed to go the grocery store so he can call his mom (my sweet driver ;)). I said no, we can do it on Monday. But when I checked the refrigerator, I found out that we need some "nook". In case you are wondering what "nook" is,...just milk :D That's how Lionel say it. I told him over and over again that its not "nook" but milk, he still says "nook". He'll get it eheheheh. So I called my MIL (mom-in-law) that if she's not doing anything today, we can go grocery shopping instead of Monday. She agreed and said be ready in an hour and will call me when she's on her way. I waited, waited and waited.. While waiting that's when I found out that I was nominated for the Filipino Blog of the Week Award (thanks a bunch for the nomination). Then back to waiting, waiting, waiting. No call received. Went back to my computer and played Poker Pals/Picture Magic at Winster. By the way, speaking of Winster, I already reached the required points for the prize that I chose, which is the Ipod Shuffle, wohooo! Six thirty came I tried calling my MIL but her cellphone is off. Waited a little bit longer, then finally! She said, she's on her way. After a few minutes she rang the bell, I opened the door and she directly went to the bathroom. After that, we're off to the grocery store. When we were in the car, I asked her jokingly if she wants me to drive (remember, I have never practice my driving in a looooong long while). Surprisingly she said ok.. And so I drove to the grocery store... yahoo! I was a little nervous, but my MIL is a very good instructor (she put her PhD in Education to good use, by teaching me heheheh) and I'm a good student. I need tons of practice though.

When we came back, one more thing surprised me. I gave my bunch of keys (at least 14 keys in one key ring) to Lionel and asked him to lock the doors (we have the screen door and the main door) while I put the groceries in the kitchen... and guess what?! He was able to lock all the doors. The first lock which you will just turn and the deadbolt which he needed the keys for. He remembered which keys to use. He's been practicing to do that since he was two years old ehehehe (oh! he's 3 now). He still can't read words, but he is pretty good in his alphabets and numbers. He's just able to tell which is which coz of the brandname logos. :) In addition to that, he can also set the safety alarm in our house. Very smart boy! So proud of him.

Well, that's all for now. I didn't mean to bore you, but I did in anyway hehehe. Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

RedLan said...

A good student and a very smart boy! Now I know like mother, like son.

2 points na lang ang lamang ng nagunguna. Hahabolin natin. hehehe

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have not been driving for a long time. I got my licence in January 1991 and was very proud then!

And what a smart boy! You have to bee very proud!

Have a nice day!