ss_blog_claim=d8a5111701cf57875c439c4ad0134984 ROSELLE'S BLOG: DiSaSteR

Monday, August 13, 2007

DiSaSteR

Earlier this morning around 4 a.m., before I went to bed, I noticed that our electricity is flactuating. Lights keep dimming and electric fan and airconditioner keeps turning so slow. I don't know what's wrong. I did not bother to check, I thought it's the whole neighborhood anyway. I went to sleep and after two hours I woke up coz it was very hot in the room. The electric fan was off. I stood up to check and found out that there's no power. But to my surprise, its just half part of the house. The living room is dead and so as the front bedroom, half of the kitchen and half of the basement... duh!?? I said to myself what the heck happened here?! So I guess its just us and not the entire neighborhood.

I called my husband and told him. He said, get a flashlight and check the fuse box... Geez! Where is the darn fuse box?! He said, go down the basement and by the laundry area, turn right... its right there at the corner. While talking to my hubby, I checked the fuse box and he asked me to check if there's a button that says OFF. I said nope... everything says on... Hubby said to check it thoroughly coz I might have missed something. Checked it again and said everything says ON. As his last resort, he told me to just pushed everything to OFF and then pushed again to ON. I did and went back upstairs to check. I told him that half of the house is still dead. He said, since its not the entire house anyway, I just have to wait for him or call his mother to check it. I said ok then.

Lionel and I went to another room to go back to sleep. After another hour or two, the electric fan went off again. Darn! So I checked for the second time around (duh!). This time the entire house is so "DEAD". I'm in a panic a little bit coz its so hot!!! Lionel is sweating like he's never sweat before. I opened some windows, thankfully, its 76 degrees outside, so the air coming in is not that hot. Went back to bed to lay down a little bit more coz I feel like a zombie. I'm so sleepy but couldn't sleep coz I still feel hot even the windows are open. Can't do anything, so I just laid still. After a few minutes, the electricity came back!!!! Wohoo! It's not the fuse box after all. It's the entire neighborhood. So I immediately checked every light, fans, etc...etc... Gladly, its all fine and back to normal. I thought I am in a big disaster... I'm not a very handy person obviously, that's why I panicked there for a while. Sighhhhhh.. now, that's a sigh of relief :)

1 comment:

RedLan said...

Hay, at least maging aware ka na. kelangan mamemorize mo na which is which. magpa-panic din ako sa ganung sitwasyon. mobile phone is really helpful.

Take care always roselle. likewise to ur family.