ss_blog_claim=d8a5111701cf57875c439c4ad0134984 ROSELLE'S BLOG: Good day in the Windy City

Friday, June 29, 2007

Good day in the Windy City

Last night my MIL called me and asked me if I need to go run some errands. I said, "Yes Ma, I need to go to the post office and the grocery store". She said, "O.K., what time do you think you can wake up?"... can't answer right away, coz I'm a sleepy head :D I said, "I can wake up at 11 a.m.". She said, "Good, after running your errands, we can go see Elisa (my hubby's niece) and have lunch with her. I said, "Sure, that's a good idea". We ended up our conversation saying our goodnites.. Then morning came, my cellphone ringing... what do yo know!?! It's my MIL !!! Trying to wake me up, coz she figured I'm still sleeping... :D

After getting ready in a rush, we went ahead to the post office. The Chicago air feels good on the skin. Its kind of like a spring or fall weather. Not too cold (imagine that!? It's summer!). A few moments later, Elisa is with us and we are heading to a place called the Hollywood Grill... I ordered cheeseburger meal for Lionel and I ordered Sizzling Chicken Fajitas for me.. Sadly, the food wasn't that great. :( At least mine... I don't know about the pancakes and french toasts that they ordered. With the hamburger, maybe it's good coz finicky eater Lionel ate almost all of it. The one thing I liked about that restaurant is the service. The lady that served us is so friendly. So I gave her a nice tip. Don't ask me how much please.. ehehehehe :)

After eating and chatting a bit, we dropped off Elisa to her place and headed south (we went north-downtown Chicago). Picked up some things at the grocery store and went home.

By the way, if you are wondering why my MIL have to call me 'bout my errands, its because she is my driver :D... just kidding!!! She's just so kind enough to take me places while hubby is away coz I don't drive. At least not yet... I know, I know... I will deal with that driving thingy very soon... I can drive, but don't have a license...and need practice.
Anyways, that's how I spent my day today... not my usual boring routine. I enjoyed it... Well, it's 2:13 a.m. already... I gotta go.. not to sleep, but work , if there's some :) Or play at Winster... :D Till next time folks! Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: